Observations and comments about state government by State Representative Robert W. Pritchard.
May 14, 2012 - In this Issue:
- Insurance Benefit Changed for Retirees
- State Healthcare Procurement Criticized
- Legislation Updates Swimming Facilities Act
- No Resolution Yet for Restoring Child Care Funding
- Medicaid Reform Bill Likely This Week
- Auditor Documents Problems at College Illinois!
- Fallen Firefighters Remembered
Insurance Benefit Changed for Retirees
The legislature is considering a number of major policy reforms this month as it seeks to gain control of state spending while providing critical services and programs. Both the Illinois House and Senate passed legislation this past week that will require retired state employees to pay health-care premiums.