DeKalb Township Supervisor, Eric Johnson, wants all DeKalb area students to be aware of a Township Officials of Illinois’ scholarship opportunity. Each year since 1989, the Township Officials of Illinois Scholarship Fund has awarded funds to graduating high school seniors to continue their education at Illinois colleges/universities. A total of $267,000 has been awarded to 159 students.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a graduating Illinois high school senior with a minimum GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and resident of Illinois.
- Must plan to attend a university/college in Illinois.
- Must have a history of extracurricular activities that demonstrates a willingness to accept leadership responsibil-ities (student government, club officer, etc.) or a commitment to civic responsibility, social
consciousness and a willingness to serve the community (community service projects, volunteer activities with local service agencies or charitable institutions, etc.)
- Must submit a 500-word essay on ‘The Role of Township Government in Today’s Society and in the Future’
that will include information gained from an interview with a township official.
- Must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, local officials or business people.
- Must submit an official high school transcript.
- Must submit a cover letter and completed application form.
To learn more about the Township Officials of Illinois visit their website here. Forms to submit to apply for the scholarship can be found at the links below.