Got water damage? Call your agent immediately! Depending on how the water got there, your homeowner’s insurance may cover the water damage. If you do not act properly and quickly, you could end up with mold. Mold starts forming 48 hours after the water damage occurs, when moisture remains in the damaged area. One of the biggest mistakes homeowner’s make is that they try to dry water damaged areas on their own and are unable to get things 100% dry. Household fans & Shop-Vacs rarely do the trick; dry-to-the-touch does not mean dry! MOLD remediation is generally NOT covered under a homeowner’s policy and the cost to remove mold is significantly higher than the cost of cleaning the initial water damage. Mold can be toxic and dangerous to your family’s health; particularly the young, elderly or otherwise immune-compromised. Don’t become a victim twice; have your water damaged area fully dried by a professional.