Do you have used motor oil? Unwanted paint? Used household batteries? Old electronics?
As of October 1st, the City of Sycamore will offer a collection service for these household special materials to residents through the Waste Management refuse contract. Through this program, you can schedule a collection of these materials right from your home at no cost.
Acceptable materials for pick up include:
• Automotive Products (used motor oil, oil filters and batteries)
• Garden Chemicals (pesticides, herbicides, weed killers, etc.)
• Paint Products
• Household Cleaners
• Swimming Pool Chemicals
• Electronics (TV’s, computers, monitors and more)
• Household Batteries
• Fluorescent tubes and Compact Fluorescent Lamps(CFL)
• Thermometers and thermostats
The program does not accept biological waste, appliances, ammunition, asbestos, any medicines/pharmaceuticals or radioactive materials. Materials must be in a sealed, labeled container in 5 gal or less.
This is a residential program for customers covered under the City’s municipal refuse and recycling program. To arrange pickup, either email email@example.com or call Waste Management at 800-449-7587 to arrange pickup.