The Housing Authority of the County of DeKalb (HACD) is announcing the opening of the Low-Income Public Housing Waiting List for 1, 2, and 3 Bedrooms units owned and managed by the Housing Authority of the County of DeKalb on November 21, 2016 beginning at 8:30 AM until a total of 3000 applications are received.
Please note that during this open wait list period:
- They will limit the amount of applications accepted from the public by closing it when a TOTAL of 3000 applications are received.
- Only applicants who qualify for 2 or more local preferences and are income eligible will be placed on the waiting list. Applications will not be accepted if they do not qualify for 2 or more preferences.
- Applicants not meeting the eligibility requirements will not be added to the Low Income Public Housing 1, 2, and/or 3 Bedroom waiting lists.
- Pre-registration is NOT available.
- After the general public application period, the Waiting Lists will continue to accept applications for the ELDERLY (over 62) or have a DISABLED ADULT within the household ONLY.
Paper based applications are available for persons with disabilities only at HACD’s office located at 310 N 6th Street DeKalb.
The Housing Authority asks for your assistance as they reach out to DeKalb County residents who need housing assistance. As updates become available, the information will be posted on their web site at www.dekcohousing.com.