My name is Christiene Drake and I am excited to announce my candidacy for Sycamore City Clerk. I am running for this position because of my love for Sycamore. I would like to do “More for Sycamore”. Sycamore has been such a giving community and I feel that it is my time to give even more of myself.
Please join me at my Campaign Open House at Sycamore Vets Club on Sunday, February 12, 2017 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm. It is located at 121 S. California St, Sycamore, IL. Desserts, will be provided along with a cash bar. If you are unable to attend and would like to contribute to my campaign with either a donation or by volunteering, please email me.
Please also follow me on my Facebook page.
A little about me, I was born, in the Sycamore Hospital, raised in Sycamore, and have been active in the community through various volunteer and committee work.
I graduated from Sycamore Central Elementary School, Sycamore Middle School, and Sycamore High School. I went on to earn my Associate Degree in Marketing Management from Kishwaukee College and my Bachelor Degree from Northern Illinois University. I am presently working at Hy-Vee as a Manager after a long career at Brown’s Supermarket.
If elected, I will bring my business knowledge and experience and my love for the community to the position. I have a proven record of working with various community members and I will build upon the past City Clerk’s work. Please review below my qualifications that support my abilities to be your next Sycamore City Clerk.
- Community Activist (Good Fellows, Tails Humane Society, Suicide Awareness and Sycamore Vets Club).
- Avid photographer. Recognized by winning award for the past 15 years at the DeKalb County Sandwich Fair, the oldest fair in Illinois.
- Have attended many Sycamore City Council Meetings.
- Graduate of DeKalb County Sheriffs’ Citizens Police Academy.
- Lifetime member of Sycamore Historical Society
- Lifetime member of VFW Auxiliary, currently serving as the Senior Vice President.
- Lifetime member of Sycamore History Museum.
- Member of the Sycamore Splash Pad committee.
- Member of Grace Free Lutheran Church.
- Past member for the Sycamore Photography Club that met at the Sycamore Library.
- Past member of the Kishwaukee Photography Club for 5 years and served as the Treasurer.
- Past member of the Sycamore Park District Citizen Advisory Committee for over 5 years.
Remember, early voting starts February 23 and the consolidated elections is on April 4, 2017. Thank you in advance for your support and please vote for Christiene Drake for Sycamore City Clerk. I would be honored to receive your vote.