On April 1, Waste Management resumes seasonal landscape collections. Collections are scheduled on the same day as your regularly scheduled pickup day. To ensure yard waste collection, please follow Waste Management guidelines.
- Place landscape waste in biodegradable, landscape-waste bags or garbage containers no larger than 32-gallons. Plastic bags or boxes containing landscape waste will not be picked up.
- Cut brush into 4-foot pieces and bundle with string or twine (no wire or plastic rope). Bundles must not exceed 50 lbs.
For residents’ convenience, landscape waste dumpsters are located at the following locations:
- Fire Station #2 – 1154 So. 7th Street
- City Garden Plots, west of Fire Station #3 – 950 W. Dresser Road
- The southeast corner of North 7th and Oak Streets
Landscape waste containers are for City of DeKalb residents only. Guidelines are the same as above and people violating the following rules will be prosecuted.
- Dumping of any non-landscape items
- Dumping of any refuse (including yard waste) on the ground
- Dumping by professional landscape contractors
For more information, contact the Public Works Office at (815) 748-2040.