Candidate’s Name: Rick “Spider” Kramer
Office you are seeking: Mayor of Sycamore
Unit of Government: City of Sycamore
Candidate’s website address: Rick ‘Spider’ Kramer for Mayor/Sycamore, IL
Q2: Response to the budget crunch
- Unfortunately, taxes and fees must be increased to meet expenditures. Strongly Disagree
- Expenditures must be reduced to meet the revenue. It’s that simple. Strongly Agree
- Taxes are high enough so let’s raise fees. Strongly Disagree
- This is a time to lean on staff for their recommendations. Uncertain
- It’s time to hire a consultant and get a report that will guide us through these tough times. Strongly Disagree
- Hold the line on taxes. Use the rainy day fund to cover expenses. Things have got to get better. Uncertain
Comment: This City has had a balanced budget for the last 6 years. Our audits have great ratings.
Q3: What services would you seek to enhance or expand during your term?
Q4: What services would you cut or reduce to balance the budget?
We do not have to cut anything to balance this budget
Q5: What makes you uniquely qualified for the position you are seeking?
Last 6 years as the Ward 4 Alderman, 44 years as a volunteer Firefighter which shows commitment to the community. As the Captain of the Fire Department highlights my leadership skills
Q6: What does open, transparent government mean to you?
Transparency is our city’s commitment to promoting effective and open government by providing access to public information which allows public knowledge and engagement, subject to the law.
Q7: What changes to your community are needed?
Finding ways to increase training budgets in our Services, better training keeps our staff informed and work more efficient.