Did you know? There are more than 65 charitable funds at the Community Foundation awarding scholarships for continuing education. This year alone, over 90 scholarship awards were presented, totaling $148,928. These awards come from a variety of funds, each being unique in the eligibility criteria and the story behind the fund creation.
The Community Foundation partners with donors and educational institutions by managing these important funds and ensuring that the students who are selected are the best match. These funds support trade education, undergraduate and graduate education. Administration for the majority of these scholarship awards comes from our local high schools. Students are encouraged to contact their high school Counseling Department with questions or for application information.
Scholarship funds administered through the Community Foundation include the CHS Elburn Scholarship, Harold P. Wells Scholarship, Palmer Family Music Education Scholarship, Renaissance Scholarship, and the Spinoso Masters Scholarship. A full listing is available on the DCCF website.
2017 Scholarship Award Statistics for DeKalb County:
- DeKalb High School – $47,833.50 – 51 awards ($938 average)
- Genoa-Kingston High School – $1,335 – 3 awards ($445 average)
- Indian Creek High School – $2,500 – 3 awards ($833 average)
- Somonauk High School – 1 award at $500
- Sycamore High School – $48,070.55 – 32 awards ($1,502 average)
- TOTAL: $100,238.05 (90 awards) to high school graduates in DeKalb County
- TOTAL: $148,928 in awards to high school and current college students
If giving the gift of education is of interest to you, consider making a donation to an existing scholarship fund. To discuss setting up a fund that meets your charitable interests please contact Executive Director Dan Templin at 815-748-5383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.