Since 2014, opioid drug overdoses have killed more people in Illinois than all gun-related causes, including homicide, suicide and accidental shootings. Experts in DeKalb County are collaborating to reduce opioid usage.
Join the folks from NIU’s STEM Cafe for a panel with many perspectives, including medical, legal, public health, pharmaceutical and rehabilitation counseling this Tuesday, December 5th, from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM at at Fatty’s Pub and Grille, 1312 W. Lincoln Highway in DeKalb. Click here to learn more.
• Rick Amato, DeKalb County State’s Attorney
• Cindy Graves, RN, DeKalb County Health Department
• Commander Steve Lekkas, DeKalb Police Department
• Dr. Laura Meyer-Junco, UIC College of Pharmacy
• Joseph Przybyla, NIU Police Department
• Dr. Matthew Sprong, NIU Rehabilitation Counseling Program