Waste Management (WM) resumes seasonal collection of landscape waste on regularly
scheduled pickup days in DeKalb, beginning April 1, 2018.
Residents are reminded of these general guidelines:
- Place landscape waste in approved biodegradable landscape waste bags or open
garbage cans no larger than 32-gallons. WM will not pick up landscape waste
placed in plastic bags or boxes.
- Cut brush to 4-foot lengths and bundle them with string or baler’s twine (no wire or
plastic rope), in amounts not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Also, landscape waste drop off containers are in place at the following locations:
-Fire Station #2 – 1154 S. 7th Street
-City Garden Plots, west of Fire Station #3 – 950 W. Dresser Road
-The southeast corner of North 7th and Oak Streets
Landscape waste containers are for City of DeKalb residents only. Place grass clippings,
branches, leaves, and brush in approved landscape waste bags (not plastic) inside the
The City of DeKalb will prosecute violators of the items listed below.
- Dumping of any non-landscape items
- Dumping of any refuse (including landscape waste) on the ground
- Dumping by professional landscape contractors
Questions may be directed to the Public Works at 748-2040.