The City of DeKalb is proposing changes to the region’s transit system by integrating the VAC bus system with NIU’s Huskie bus system.
The changes are proposed to begin August 20th, 2018, and include:
• VAC Green Line will change and will now be Route 18.
• VAC Blue Line will now be known as Route 21.
• Huskie Line Route 6 will change and now will be Route 16.
• Huskie Line Route 7 will now be Route 17.
• VAC Routes 18/21 and Huskie Line Routes 16/17 will charge the same fares.
o 50 cent fare for adults
o 25 cent fare for senior citizens and people with disabilities
o 25 cent fare for K-12 students
o Free transfers between VAC and Huskie Line routes
• New Saturday and Sunday service to begin September 1st
To comment on this proposal, you may attend the Public Hearing at: July 23rd, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. DeKalb Municipal Building – City Council Chambers, 200 S. 4th St. DeKalb
More information can be found at the following website: http://www.dsats.org.
If you need a ride to attend the Public Hearing, please call VAC at: 815-758-6641