Sycamore Fire Department Awarded Federal Grant

0
567

Sycamore Fire Department Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 31, 2018

Contact person: Peter S. Polarek, Fire Chief

Sycamore Fire Department awarded a federal grant for fire sprinkler system installation at Fire Station #1

On Friday, August 31, the City of Sycamore was informed that the Sycamore Fire Department was awarded a federal grant in the amount of $83,905 for the installation of a fire sprinkler system at Fire Station #1 through the Department of Homeland Security’s Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) program. The AFG program is administered by the Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency in cooperation with the U.S. Fire Administration.

The grant award of $83,905 covers 95% of the total estimated cost ($88,100) of the installation of a fire sprinkler system. The City is responsible for the remaining 5% of the cost of the grant which will be approximately $4,195.

The City of Sycamore is grateful for the support of Senator Dick Durbin, Senator Tammy Duckworth, and Congressman Randy Hultgren of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) program. The FY 2017 Assistance to Firefighter Grant (AFG) Funding had an appropriation of $344 million with a projection of 2,500 awards.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.