DeKalb County Industrial,
and Distribution Companies
DeKalb County, Illinois is near the I-88 Research and Development Corridor and the I-39 Logistics Corridor, It is in close proximity to the Chicagoland Metropolitan Area. I-88 is within five minutes, I-39 within 15 minutes, and I-90 less than 30 minutes away. Transport facilities employ all modalities including highways, Union Pacific Railroad and DeKalb Taylor Municipal Airport.
Top Industrial Employers
|Company||Location||Product or Service||Union||Employment|
|Target Distribution Center||DeKalb||Distribution Center||None||500|
|Tegrant||DeKalb||Plastics Thermoforming & Packaging Machinery||None||370|
|Ideal Industries||Sycamore & DeKalb||Electrical Contractor Tools and Wire Connectors||None||334|
|Panduit Corporation||DeKalb||Unified Physical Infrastructure Solutions||None||200|
Sycamore Prairie Business Park is a 235 acre commercial site dedicated to a diversified corporate use. Protective covenants are in place to ensure that the appearance of the park is always well maintained, the land values always preserved, and the investment of current and future occupants stringently protected.
1. DeKalb County Farm Bureau occupies a key corner lot in the Park. It occupies an architecturally significant building of about 45,000 square fee where it provides a wide variety of services to the agriculture community as well as making it’s facility available for a variety of civic and philanthropic organizations.
2. Tate & Lyle is a world wide producer of food additives. It occupies a 100,000 square foot building with land for expansion.
3. U.S. Praxis owns a corner site in the Park. The Company makes tree stump removal equipment as well as other outdoor implements and is expected to build another lot to facilitate expansion.
4. Encap is an environmental engineering company that works on landscaping and civil engineering jobs throughout the Northeast Illinois region.
5. Der Holtzmacher is a specialty millwork shop with a unique building in the Park.
6. Superior Equipment Company is a sales and service company for manufacturers of specialty pumps.
7. Ample Supply, also a distributor of fasteners and tools is located on Prairie Drive.
8. Suter Foods, a Sycamore based packaged foods company of long standing built it’s first phase expansion in the Park off Bethany Road in 2007. Subsequent phases will likely have Suter Foods move all it’s operations to Sycamore Prairie Business Park.
9. Burlington Development built a 40,000 square foot speculative business condominium building that has been sold to a variety of local businesses.
10. Schwans Frozen Foods purchased a large lot in the Park on which they developed a new distribution center for the DeKalb area.
11. Combined Development of Hinsdale has constructed a number of buildings for rent or sale.
12. Ismail Construction Consultants will soon occupy a new 15,000 square foot building in the Park.
13. Fullco Industries Headquartered in Sycamore, Illinois, Fullco Industries conducts administration, sales, purchasing, accounting, engineering, quality assurance, packaging and warehousing operations from its ISO 9001: 2000 registered facility.
14. SK Hand Tool will now be headquartered in Sycamore Prairie Business Park and building is underway for it’s new facility.
15. IDEAL Industries, Inc. built their new distribution center in the Park in 2004.