This event provides a unique chance to support the five programs, and thousands of lives, improved by FSA. In addition, new NIU Football Head Coach Hammock and the new NIU Football Freshmen Huskies will be our guests as we welcome them warmly into our community.
Regretful you can’t attend, but still want to donate? Click Here to Donate
Family Service Agency exists to strengthen individuals and communities through healing, mentoring and social engagement. They believe everyone deserves the highest quality of life possible. They have served DeKalb County for 64 years and devote their focus to making a positive difference helping individuals, families and children through their five programs: Center for Counseling, Children’s Advocacy Center, Community Action Program, Senior Services and Youth Mentoring.
Family Service Agency Programs
- Center for Counseling believes everyone deserves to be supported in makeing positive changes in their lives. As the foundational program of Family Service Agency, we provide general counseling to youth, individuals, couples, families, and seniors. Whether at the agency, in-school or at-home, counselors are available to help with a wide range of issues such as job loss, stress, anxiety, and life transitions, among many other topics.
- Children’s Advocacy Center believes every child that has been abused deserves a safe place to be heard. We work with children who have been victims of physical and/or sexual abuse and their non-offending family members. Through a child-sensitive approach, the CAC coordinates investigations and helps the child and family on the often years long road to recovery.
- Community Action Program provides access to opportunities for all low-income individuals and families in DeKalb County by providing education and empowering them with effective community resources and support to increase self-sufficiency and household stability.
- Senior Services believes every senior deserves to be independent, safe, and live with dignity. We provide quality services that allow seniors to remain independent as long as possible. Through four Senior Activity Centers, older adults participate in activities that promote mental, physical and social wellness.
- Youth Mentoring believes every child deserves someone that believes in them. We contribute to the strengthening of youth, families and the community as a whole by providing successful mentoring programs for all youth who need and want them, changing lives for the better, forever.