The Housing Authority of the County of DeKalb (HACD) is happy to announce the opening of the Housing Choice Voucher/ Section 8 and Low-Income Public Housing Waiting Lists beginning 8:30 AM on October 20, 2015 until a TOTAL of 5000 applications are received.
Please note that during this open wait list period:
- Applications submitted online at www.dekcohousing.com
- We will limit the amount of applications accepted from the public by closing it when a TOTAL of 5000 applications are received.
- Only applicants who qualify for 2 or more local preferences and are income eligible will be placed on the waiting list. Applications will not be accepted if they do not qualify for 2 or more preferences.
- Pre-registration is NOT available.
- After the general public application period, the Waiting Lists will continue to accept applications for the ELDERY (over 62) or have a DISABLED ADULT within the household ONLY.
Paper based applications are available for persons with disabilities only at HACD’s office located at 310 N 6th Street DeKalb.
They ask for your assistance as the Housing Authority reaches out to DeKalb County residents who need housing assistance. Please let eligible families know. As updates become available, the information will be posted on their web site at www.dekcohousing.com. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jennifer Yochem, Admissions Manager, at 815-758-2692 x129.